Revisited: I wrote this back on May 28th. Have a great weekend. Thanks again for visiting Candid Chatter.
Ha ha! I am noticing that the older my children get the more moments I can find to be selfish. Obviously this will change soon and I’ll be back into 100% give mode. But until then, I thought I would give you a glimpse into my Random Acts of Selfishness.
- Taking a longer than usual shower for extra peace and quiet.
- Eating the sweet treats at night after they are in bed so I don’t have to share.
- Giving them baths at night so I can get a hot shower in the morning.
- Dozing on the couch for 30 minutes while they watch their favorite TV show and eat a snack.
- Letting them play longer outside so I can sit on the porch swing and relax. If I am into a book this is when I read.
- Thoroughly enjoying my 2 hour afternoon naps because Brianna has no interest in giving up nap time and I am not pushing it. They are both still on the same nap schedule and it is good. It is very good.
- Telling them the mall is so much fun and letting them ride all the 50 cent rides so I can shop with relative enjoyment. Bribery does work!
I didn’t realize until I had Brianna what a selfish person I had been. Daily I battled over who got the most of me. She always won! Still does for the most part. But there are times when I get to breathe a little and revert back to all about Heidi and it is really, really nice. I have had to sacrifice a lot of myself for my family over the past several years. That will probably never end. And it’s ok with me. But I celebrate the little moments I steal back and make my own. One can get lost in motherhood. For the most part, it’s wonderful. But there are times when the phone is ringing, the kids are crying, the TV is under my skin, the house is a mess, there is nothing for dinner, Rich has been inundated so much with work that he hasn’t even said “hello” and it’s 3:00 in the afternoon, the laundry is to the ceiling, the sheets need cleaned, and the garbage needs taken out to the curb when I am ready to walk out the door and just keep going.
Random Acts of Selfishness calms me and sometimes makes me giggle. Neener Neener Neener, It’s All About Me for 5 Minutes. :)~
Have a great night! Thanks for stopping in. Leave a comment next time you’re around.