Yes there are only 10 more days left till we meet our little wee one. So what shall we do until the 13th? Well, here’s what I’ll be doing. I must warn you though. It is highly invigorating and you will be jealous.
- I will mostly be at home or very close to home.
- Today I will be getting a pedicure with my daughter.
- I will be finishing the cleaning that I feel I must do. It is called nesting for those of you who like to look things up online.
- Monday I have my OB pre-op appointment with the doc who is doing my c-section.
- I also have my last non-stress test on Monday.
- I will be walking the neighborhood a few times still hoping to go into labor before the 13th.
- I will be closely monitoring my blood sugar levels, as usual.
- I will be napping daily and trying to go to bed around 10 every night. I need all the sleep I can get right now before I’m reduced to a sleep deprived crying mess of a woman who can’t hold a thought together or complete a sentence.
- I will make sure my OB’s number is handy for emergencies like “please write me a script for an anti-depressant now and have it delivered”. Yeah, it gets like that.
So enjoy your next 10 days. If you are physically able to bend, twist, lift, jump, jog, climb and sleep without your legs falling asleep or your hips popping as you roll over in bed please enjoy this and don’t take it for granted. If you are one of those weirdo women who just looove being pregnant do not (I repeat, do not) talk to me for the remainder of my pregnancy because I might just impale you on a very dull stick.
Pregnancy sucks. It’s the end result that makes everything (I repeat, everything) worth it. I love my children. I am completely anxious to meet this little boy bumping around in my belly. In the meantime, you’ll find me lying on my left side on the couch counting kicks. Yep.