I’m a couple weeks away from getting the green light to exercise. I am chomping at the bit to get started. I gained more weight with Jaxon than I did with my other two. So here I go… coming clean in hopes of trimming down.
The goal by Jaxon’s first birthday:
- To weigh 125 lbs. Remember, I am 5’2″ short — so this is attainable.
- To wear a size 6 in Women’s clothing.
- To have enough energy to not only keep up with my kids, but to also wear them out.
The steps to achieve this goal:
- Start the South Beach diet once weight loss tapers off from breastfeeding. I’ll start on Phase 2 since Phase 1 might be too restrictive for a breastfeeding Mother.
- Exercise 4 days a week for 20-40 minutes — starting slow by walking and doing Pilates and Yoga, then working my way up to advanced circuit training.
- Jumping on the trampoline with the older 2 kids for fun.
My current stats:
- 155 lbs (I was 182 lbs when I gave birth to Jaxon 3 weeks ago)
- Women’s size 12 in pants, size Medium to Large in tops
I gained almost 50 lbs with Jaxon. I have lost almost 30 pounds since giving birth to him — mostly due to exclusively nursing him. I have been unable to exercise due to my physical restrictions from having a c-section and tubal ligation. I have 20 lbs to lose in order to get to my prepregnancy weight. I have 30 pounds to lose to reach my ultimate goal for the year.
I can do this. I know I can. I lost 50 pounds after I had Jeremy and kept it off. I went from wearing maternity clothes long after he was born (he was 4 months old when I switched to regular clothes), to a size 14, all the way down to a size 4 in 10 months. TEN! By the time he turned 1 year old I was in the best shape of my life. Right now I am in a size 12. No more maternity clothes since last week. I’m on my way.
Who wants to join me? You are more than welcome to. I will update my progress weekly. But remember, I cannot start until the doc says it’s ok. You have time to think about it. You also don’t have to do the plans I’ve chosen. Every person is different and your body will respond differently than mine will. Guys lose weight quicker than gals. It stinks, but it’s true. So if you’re a woman, don’t be discouraged if a man joins us in this challenge and seems to be kicking our fat arses. He might reach his goal first, but we’ll get there too.
I’m a good motivator so I’ll be cheering for you along the way.
Let’s get it on (or, rather, get it off)!!!!